Thursday, January 22, 2009

10 Things I Think I Think

1. I Think the new lease agreement between the ICE and City of Cranbrook is great news at just the right time. With people in the community doing extra work to create bigger crowds there has been a very positive buzz at the Rec-Plex. Now this announcement will silence the critics who somehow invent negative rumours.
2. I Think there will more positive news about this agreement to announced in the coming months. Again it will be great news at the right time.
3. I Think the ICE have done a great job in finding players who compete on a regular basis. Hard work beat skill that doesn't work on most nights.
4. I Think the ICE will battle with Regina, Edmonton & Prince Albert for the final 2 playoff spots. ICE have 3 games with Regina, 2 with P.A. and 2 with Edmonton. The ICE 13 road games and 11 homes left.
5. I Think Edmonton has a tough stretch with 13 road games and 8 home games left.
6. I Think Regina has a good remaining schedule with 4 games left with Moose Jaw, a team they have beat 4 times already this season. Although the Pats have 3 games with Calgary and 4 against Swift Current.
7. I Think Prince Albert has 4 left with Moose Jaw, 3 against Brandon, 3 against Saskatoon and 4 against Swift Current.
8. I Think the teams that find ways to lose in OT and SO will earn enough extra points to make it into the top 8.
9. I Think if the WHL was ever to host an outdoor game, Regina, Calgary and Edmonton, with their football stadiums, would be the options.
10. I Think these are my non-hockey thoughts.
(a) I Think Roger Federer will beat Andy Murray for the Australian Open. In 4 sets.
(b) I Think the renovations made to the Prince Albert Radio booth make it the best place to call a game. The only place where I used to get closer to the action was in the Memorial Arena in Cranbrook.
(c) I Think think there should be standing ovation when the new lease agreement is signed at an upcoming ICE game at the Rec-Plex.
(d) I Think I can't wait to see some baseball preview magazines.
(e) I Think there will some news soon on a new baseball stadium in Cranbrook. To all working behind the scene, keep up the good work. It'll be worth it.
(f) I Think I remember when TV shows only had repeats during the summer. Now we go 4-5 weeks in a row without a new episode.
(g) I think it's bad news Jessica Jackson is moving to Lethbridge but good news to have Kyla Cornish back on the air.