Monday, April 6, 2009

10 Things I Think I Think

1. I think the Brandon/Medicine Hat, as expected, is a high scoring series. After 2 games the Wheat Kings have outscored the Tigers 14-9. Brandon is 6-0 in this years' playoffs.
2. I think the Calgary/Lethbridge series still has a chance to be a long series. The next 3 games are schedule to be played in the Windy City and after coming off a 7-game series the Hurricanes' are more worn out.
3. I think the Vancouver/Spokane series would be closer if the Chiefs didn't have so many key injuries. You have to think the Chiefs are capable of scoring more than 1 goal a game against any team.
4. I think the Tri City/Kelowna series could easily be 2-0 for the Rockets. I though the Americans would have win 2-1 games to be successful in this series but have outscored the Rockets 4-3 and 3-2. Not very high scoring games but totals that you would think favour Kelowna.
5. I think with all 4 series' 2-0, and the fact only once in WHL history has a team won a series when trailing 3-0, games 3 of all 4 series will see some desperate hockey by the trailing team. Imagine if they are all 4 game sweeps and there are no WHL games for 9 days.
6. I think I should remind all ICE fans that again this year we are doing reports on the WHL Bantam Draft. After every pick we have a detailed report on the player selected. April 30th is Draft Day.
7. I think it's time for an ICE coaching alumni update.
Ryan McGill - AHL Iowa 4 games left and 5 points out of a playoff spot.
Cory Clouston - in his final week an interm Head Coach of the NHL Ottawa Senators. Rumblings are he has a great chance to be the bench boss next year.
Brad Lauer - AHL Milwaukee won the West Division and will be a contender in the playoffs. Missing up to 7 players to the parent NHL Nashville team.
Colin Patterson - Phantoms have won the English Premier League and the English Premier Cup. The team is hoping to make it a triple when they compete in the end of season playoff tournament during the Easter weekend.
8. I think I'll have updates on ICE Alumni during the ECHL & AHL Playoffs.
9. I think if you are planning on being in NHL Playoff drafts it best to pick the 4 teams who you think will make it to the Conference Finals and select players from them exclusively. You may finish last but you may win big.
10. I think these are my non hockey thoughts.
a) I think spring has sprung. BOING.
b) I think I okay with the fact there are only 2-3 new episodes of Corner Gas. It's been an average year.
c) I think you should avoid playing Mario Cart Wii, because you get addicted.
d) I think it's been 3 years of trying to find Take Out Weight Curling 2 for the PC and still can't find it.