Thursday, April 8, 2010

10 Things I Think I Think

1. I think the Kootenay ICE have 20 players eligible to return next season. At most 18 can play for the team as 5 will be 20-years old.
Possible Over-agers - Todd Mathews, Matt Fraser, Steele Boomer, Kevin King, Dominik Pacovsky.
Pacovsky will stay in the Czech Rep and play pro next season.
That leaves the ICE one decison for over-agers.
Goalies (2) - Todd Mathews 20, Nathan Lieuwen 19.
Defense (6) - Hayden Rintoul 19, Brayden McNabb 19, James Martin 19, Luke Paulsen 18Joey Leach 18, Jagger Dirk 17.
Forwards (11) - Matt Fraser 20, Steele Boomer 20, Kevin King 20, Jesse Ismond 19, Joe Antilla 19, Christian Magnus 18, Elgin Pearce 18, Drew Czerwonka 18, Max Reinhart 18, Brock Montgomery 18, Brendan Hurley 17.
2. I think it'll be one of the most important WHL Bantam Drafts ever for the ICE as they have 7 picks in the 1st 4 rounds. It's supposed to be a strong, deep draft with Alberta prospects leading the way. The draft will happen in 3 weeks.
3. I think my prediction for the WHL playoffs was Brandon in the East and the winner of the Spokane/Portland series in the West. So far it's still possible.
4. I think it was about time that defenseman Joey Leach was rated in the NHL Central Scouting rankings. He joins Max Reinhart and Brock Montgomery in the final rankings. NHL teams were hoping to keep Leach as secret and snare him in the middle rounds.
5. I think I better get involved in an NHL playoff draft or else I will have no interest at all. I'm not sure if it was the Olympics but there doesn't seem to be the buzz for the upcoming NHL post season. 1st round is always the best.
6. I think it's interesting to see the most hated teams in their sport winning championships in the past year. Yankees, Lakers and Duke are probably wondering what happened to the Cowboys and Canadiens.
7. I think I'm excited to have selected Jason Heyward in my baseball draft. The rookie outfielder from the Atlanta Braves hit a 3-run home in his first at bat. It has to be good when you are being compared to Albert Pujols and Ken Griffey Jr.
8. I think my 2 predictions for the NFL Draft are Sam Bradford 1st overall and Tim Tebow will be taken in the 2nd round.
9. I think after watching the Masters this weekend I will go and get new clubs next week. My top 7 are Luke Donald, Lee Westwood, Paul Casey, Rory McIlroy, Henrik Stenson, Chad Campbell and Hunter Mahan.
10. I think my biggest complaint for the new Tiger Nike ad is the fact he doesn't want to talk about what happened in his personal life but will use it in an advertising campaign. I don't think he owes the public an apology or an explanation. That should be kept in the family. But once you use it in a commercial it opens up the chance for the media to ask questions about it again. I just want to watch him play golf.