Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Mike Dyck Comments

On joining the ICE
"Well obviously I'm really excited about joining Ryan and his staff and Jeff Chynoweth and a first class organization. Kootenay is one of the premier organizations in the WHL and I'm really looking forward to the opportunity."

On the part-time coaching position
"We I think it's a real good opportunity for me. I've been really hesitant leaving Lethbridge because it's my home and I've got a young family. Yet, obviously still have that passion to coach at the Western Hockey League level. The challenges are obviously going to be that I'm not there all the time but at the same time I can rely on the experience I've had in the Western League. I think also the fact they've got such a strong coaching staff and from what I understand a very strong leadership group it's just a matter of making sure we're all on the same page."

On spending time with the team
"There's going to be a few weekends that I'm going to come in (to Cranbrook) previous to December to spend some time with the team and this weekend at training camp, but when Ryan is gone (in December) I'll be in Cranbrook the entire time."

On this years' ICE
"I had a chance to work with Reinhart and Descheneau at the U-17's and know what kind of kids they are. Not only when it comes to what they can do on the ice but the kind of guys they are off the ice. Certainly there are 2 guys I do know and I know there is a whole group there that are very excited about building on the success they had last year as a good young team and are probably ready to take that next step and I look forward to being a part of that."